Complexities in Educational Interpreting: An Investigation into Patterns of Practice, 2nd Edition
Leilani J. Johnson | Marty M. Taylor | Brenda Schick | Susan E. Brown | Laurie Bolster | Emily G. Girardin
Published 2023 ISBN 978-0-9940270-3-0
If you are concerned about the quality of educational interpreting services provided for school-age students who are deaf and hard of hearing, then you are likely aware of the chaos that exists around these services in public schools across the United States.
This book puts evidence in the hands of those who work to ensure equal communication access and learning for students who are deaf and hard of hearing. It answers important questions:
- What are the current practices of interpreters working in schools?
- What do parents, students, school districts and state education agencies need to know?
- Why is it important to have a national organization, National Association of Interpreters in Education (NAIE), represent this highly specialized group of interpreters?
- What does an analysis of the Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) tell the profession, parents, and employers?
- What professional standards are used by each state? Are they sufficient?
- What are recommendations for current standards for educational interpreters? For school districts? For agencies? For states?
Services we provide:
Want to get our monthly newsletter?